Liver Disease Support Groups & Advocacy
Below is a list of national and local liver disease support groups as well as resources to get involved in liver disease advocacy:
- American Liver Foundation – Organization formed to facilitate, advocate, and promote education, support, and research for the prevention, treatment, and cure of liver disease.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases – The leading organization of scientists and healthcare professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease.
- Hepatitis B Foundation – The Hepatitis B Foundation is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure and improving the quality of life for those affected by hepatitis B worldwide.
- HCV Advocate – The Hepatitis C Support Project (HCSP) is a registered non-profit organization founded in 1997 by HCV positive individuals to address the lack of education, support, and services available at that time for the HCV population.
- Transplant Living – Transplant Living is a project of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), a nonprofit organization that maintains the national Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) under contract with the Health Resources and Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Liver Families – LIVER Families is dedicated to providing an active, international, online community to families whose lives have been touched by pediatric liver disease and transplant.
- UNOS – United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) is the private, non-profit organization that manages the nation’s organ transplant system under contract with the federal government. In doing so, we bring together hundreds of transplant and organ procurement professionals and thousands of volunteers.